Hand Block Printed Cotton
Craft Jaipur offers hand block printing on cotton fabric. The traditional hand block printing techniques on textiles have been created somewhere in Rajasthan for around 500 years. The Chippa community member of Rajasthan has introduced block printing to the Jaipur region. The community was situated in Bagru Village (mainly famous for vegetable dye and mud resist (dabu) block prints. The carver creates the intricate patterns of the wooden block according to their imagination. It totally depends on the pattern that artist wants to create on the fabric, these block prints are used on the cloth like block print sarees and several other clothes. In order to create uniformity and clear block printing patterns, it requires good printing skill and best practice. We add unique charm on handmade fabrics by adding small variations in the printing.
The workers of these states unite to form an industry which is extremely important to Indian and global fashion. While the technique of hand block printing has remained uniform throughout the years and across the states, the various results from the intelligent and creative usage of blocks to create interesting patterns.
The printing process begins with the following steps –
- In order to reduce the water consumption firstly, we have to pre-washing the fabrics.
- After that, the fabric is then dyed, laid flat on a table and fixed firmly to the table with pins.
- Then, four to five basic natural colors are used that are then mixed together to form a multitude of colors.
- The block is then dipped in the dye and stamped firmly by hand onto the fabric.
- Finally, the fabric is rinsed and hung to dry in the sun, minimizing energy consumption.
At Craft Jaipur, We are providing cotton printed fabrics clothes, dresses, sarees, bedsheet and many more by hand block printing at a cost-effective range. You may also buy the selected item in bulk quality at wholesale price. We can also provide the customize designs for hand block printing as per your needs. If you want to print your design on cotton fabric then you can contact us for the customization at email@example.com. We will get back to you very soon.